The composition of ETFE building film material is an ethylene-tetrafluoroethylene copolymer, which is a transparent film material without fabric base material, and its elongation rate can reach 420% to 440%. The light transmission spectrum of ETFE film material is similar to that of glass (commonly known as soft glass). It has light weight and excellent light transmission performance, and its weight is about 1/100 of the glass plate of the same size. It can be used as building roofs and walls that require light transmission.
What are the characteristics of ETFE membrane?
1. Excellent light transmittance, visible light transmittance > 95%, and allow ultraviolet rays to pass through, ultraviolet rays are responsible for promoting photosynthesis, thereby promoting plant growth, so that ETFE film can be used in plant exhibition halls and plant greenhouses;
2. Long-lasting durability, long-term exposure to the environment, will not be degraded, and easy to recycle, the service life is usually more than 25-35 years;
3. Scalable elasticity, with its own lightness and flexibility, it can design the supporting steel structure to stress rather than deflection, so that large openings can be incorporated;
4. Can withstand extreme weather conditions: ETFE film is a safe building material, mainly used to form building envelopes. Good fire resistance, melting temperature up to 200 ° C, and will not spontaneously ignite. Good compression resistance, reducing the risk of earthquake disasters, corrosion resistance, etc.;
4. Self-cleaning and self-cleaning, the membrane material has this feature, and the ETFE membrane itself has the characteristics of non-adhesion, high anti-fouling, and easy cleaning; surface dust can be naturally removed by rainwater.
5. Can do color, photovoltaic or LED integration, can customize any color, colorful, support color tones, can render with charming lighting effects.
Buildings using ETFE high-permeability membrane materials will have special features in light and shadow. Not only is the light soft and beautiful, but also its own anti-ultraviolet characteristics can also play a special role in the daytime, and are mostly used by large shopping malls, cultural centers and other demand for light. At the same time, it is considered for buildings that need shading effect, and because of its strong flexibility, the building is also more artistic.
To learn more, see: Custom Architectural Membrane Manufacturers